Hill School of Fort Worth is seeking an enthusiastic individual to lead the 2024 Spring Track and Field program! Under the authority of the Athletic Director, the Head Coach is responsible for the oversight and successful implementation of the Track and Field program. The Head Coach will instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to reach both individual and team success. At the same time, student-athletes shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
About Hill School
Located in southwest Fort Worth, Hill School is a college preparatory, private school currently serving 100 students in grades K-12 who have been diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, high-functioning ASD, and other learning differences. Our dedicated 30-member faculty enjoys small-group instruction in core subject areas to ensure that all students have an opportunity to reach their full academic potential. Students also explore interests and affinities through athletics and fine arts. Hill School’s mission is to partner with families to provide an education for students who learn differently by addressing the needs of the whole student in a supportive environment. To learn more about Hill School, visit www.hillschool.org.
This Coach will:
- Report to and work closely with Hill School Athletic Director
- Coordinate the training, instruction, and conditioning of athletes at all levels within the program
- Attend all athletic meetings called by the Athletic Director
- View success not just as winning, but as helping athletes grow confidence and reach goals
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of every student-athlete participating in Track & Field
- Follow the guidance of Hill School’s Athletic Handbook for self and student-athletes
- Maintain healthy relationships with TCAF/CSAF organizations and personnel
- Communicate regularly with athletes, parents, and athletic department staff through email.
Preferred Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Coaching experience at the Varsity level or competing at the Collegiate level
- Bachelor’s Degree; NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion Training, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training, First Aid/CPR.
- Positive energy and a commitment to supporting student-athletes with learning differences
- Must have substantial knowledge of the sport and continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the sport, always striving to improve knowledge base and skills.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Trevor Shaw, Athletic Directortshaw@hillschool.org