Lower School Teacher
Hill School of Fort Worth is seeking a full-time, enthusiastic educator to join the Lower School faculty beginning the 2024-2025 school year. This teacher will educate and inspire students who have been diagnosed with various learning differences, in a classroom with no more than 12 students. The exact grade placement of this teacher will be dependent on hire.
About Hill School
Located in southwest Fort Worth, Hill School is a college preparatory, private school currently serving 100 students in grades K-12 who have been diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, high-functioning ASD, and other learning differences. Our dedicated 30-member faculty enjoys small-group instruction in core subject areas to ensure that all students have an opportunity to reach their full academic potential. Students also explore interests and affinities through athletics and fine arts. Hill School’s mission is to partner with families to provide an education for students who learn differently by addressing the needs of the whole student in a supportive environment.
This Teacher will:
- Report directly to the Assistant Head of School.
- Work with students in grades K-4 who have diagnosed learning differences.
- Teach reading and writing using various approaches and the foundation skills of Orton-Gillingham instruction.
- Build on the work of early childhood educators.
- Nourish a child’s joy of discovery and passion for learning.
- Support the child’s social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and moral growth.
- Give special attention to the mastery of basic skills and concepts that are the foundation of all learning.
- Create and promote an inclusive and safe learning environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues, specifically other Lower School teachers.
- Communicate clearly, consistently, and effectively with students and families.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have at minimum, a bachelor’s degree and instructional expertise. This person will be personable, creative, flexible, and patient. They will also possess a genuine love for learning and an interest in innovative approaches to teaching. Previous experience and an understanding of Learning Difference diagnoses are preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and educational philosophy to:
Roxann Breyer, Head of School